Air Power East (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared. We also respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website, www.airpowereast.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here.
Your Privacy is Important to us
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it and protect it.
It also explains your rights under the UK Data Protection Act (update 2018) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018. We abide by UK Law and our data protection regulator within the UK is the Information Commissioners Office.
Collecting of and purpose for your information
Air Power East Ltd is a Private Limited Company, founded to provide Compressed Air Services. We offer services and products such as Air Compressors, Ancillary compressed air equipment, Nitrogen Generators, spare parts and Maintenance Services for our customers. To provide such a service and products, we may need to collect personal data such as name, job title, business name/company name, contact information such as email addresses, and telephone numbers, IP addresses, web browser type and version, operating system etc.
This so that we can provide you with the best and appropriate service.
Particular ways in which we may use information held about you are as follows:
- Replying to emails from you and requests for information
- To introduce you to the services we offer
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where it is of legitimate interest or when you have otherwise consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Provide and manage your account that you have with us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To correspond with you in relation to employment with us where we have advertised a vacancy.
- We may carry out market research to ensure our products and services are still relevant to your needs.
Withholding of the required data from us may result in an insufficient service being provided.
We may obtain data from individuals, or from employer firms.
Sharing your data
We may share your personal data with the following organisations –
The Financial Conduct Authority with whom we are regulated or other regulated bodies as required
We may verify your identity by searching publicly available records held by credit reference agencies
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our business, other than as necessary to provide a service to you. This may include for example, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them
We will not sell or rent your data to anyone.
Your rights regarding your data
- We will not hold your information for any longer than is legally necessary and as a maximum no longer than 6 years after our financial year end in which you have terminated as a client of our firm unless there is a lawful basis for retention
- Should your data be inaccurate we will rectify this without delay
- Should you wish us to delete your data at any point, please contact the office as shown further below to make the request. This will be actioned unless there is a lawful basis for us to retain the information in which case you will be advised accordingly
- Should you wish to transfer your data to another organisation, please contact the office as below and we will organise this for you
- You can request access to your data held by us at any time. We will provide you with a full copy within one month of your request. Please specify in detail the information you require.
- You can request to withdraw consent to us holding and processing your information at any time. Please write to us at the address below to do this.
- We may provide you with updates and bulletins which are appropriate to you on an ongoing basis. You can opt out of these should you wish to – contact us and advise us if you wish to opt out of any updates and bulletins that you may receive.
We take data security very seriously and have in place we feel the most secure options available to store and transfer your data securely. When you submit sensitive information via the website this is protected by our service providers. The computers/cloud services in which we store information are maintained in a secure environment. Only Air Power East Employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example fulfilling an order, credit checks, billing or customer service) are granted access to customer records information.
Where we store your personal data:
Our contact details
Should you wish to contact us in relation to any issues within this notice, please contact:
The data controller
Air Power East Limited
Shepherds Grove Industrial Estate
Bury ST Edmunds
Suffolk, IP31 2AR
You will be responded to as promptly as possible
Your right to complain
Should you wish to make a complaint in relation to data protection issues relating to our firm, you can contact us as above or you can contact our regulator as follows:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number