Unlike power tools that rely on a battery or power supply, air tools are powered by compressed air.
There are a number of different tools available which are often the first choice for a variety of jobs. This is because there are many benefits to using air tools compared to power equipment.
In this article, we are going to tell you everything you need to know about them and why they are preferred to other tools.
Essential Information About Air Tools
In general, air tools are the same as power ones but just use a different power source, so you will recognise most of them listed below. However, there are a couple that are only powered by compressed air.
- Air Gun
- Sand Blasting Gun
- Nail Gun
- Spray Gun
- Air Ratchet
- Needle Scaler
- Angle Drill
- Angle Grinder
- Impact Wrench
- Air Saw
Plus, many more! If you are looking for something in particular, get in touch with us today to discuss our product range.
Vital Safety Guidelines
Safety is paramount when using air tools and guidelines should be followed whenever they are operated. These safety guidelines include:
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions before using
- Always wear goggles or safety glasses when operating equipment
- Remember to de-pressurise hoses before connecting and disconnecting equipment from a compressor
- Keep them clean and lubricated, strictly following maintenance procedures
- Never allow compressed air to blow onto skin
Another vital safety guideline to follow is to always make sure you are using the right air pressure for your tools. This should be stated in the manufacturer’s guidelines and is important because:
- It will prevent dangerous accidents and injuries from occurring, such as devices bursting due to too much air pressure.
- It will avoid having to repair or replace your equipment more frequently than you have to. Using too much pressure causes more wear and tear, which ultimately leads to breakdowns and part replacements.
- It will save energy and fuel consumption because by using the correct amount of pressure, it will not waste any energy or fuel.
Benefits of Using Air Tools
Here are some of the main benefits:
- They are lighter than power tools and are commonly a lot slimmer which are better for everyday working, especially in tight spaces.
- They have fewer working parts than power tools so there is less risk of faults and errors.
- They do not produce sparks like power tools and there is also no risk of electrocution.
Read another of our blog articles which goes into further detail about why you should choose air tools over electric here.
Air Tools from Air Power East
Get in touch with us today to discuss your air tool needs and requirements.
Compressed air quality testing is important as, it goes without saying that, we need to breathe fresh in order...
The primary purpose of an oil free compressor and oil compressor are identical, but the applications for which they...